[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: "Oven elements arent cheap"

In a message dated 9/8/98 9:28:29 PM Pacific Daylight Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

<<
 Original Poster: Cabbott Sanders <cabbott-at-cyberis-dot-net>

 I got quoted on some used 2000 watt oven elements... down at the appliance
 shop they quoted me 15 dollars each.  if i buy eight (which I need) they will
 knock it down to ten dollars each.  Is this reasonable anyone?

Cabbott,

I think it is way too high.  I bought several of them from the local Salvation
Army store (Goodwill, etc.) for $5.00 each - I think I got the first 3 or 4
for only $2.00 each.  This particular store has a separate appliance section
with many old appliance parts laying around on shelves.  It seems when they
scrap out an old oven, they pull the elements out and just throw them on the
shelves and then get what they can get for them.

Ed Sonderman