[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: first light for wintesla specs

<snip>  Congratulations on first light, Cabbott!

> It certainly sounds like you may have a tuning problem. Offhand, I'd,
> also guess that WinTes may have assumed you were going to use a larger
> tank cap (0.01 uF) than what you actually have. Try adjusting the tuning
> by tapping outwards 1/4 turn at a time. With only the 0.007 uF tank cap,
> you may need to go to all 12 turns to bring the system into tune...
>
> -- Bert --

 Yes, you are right about the coil.  I have achieved 15+" sparks today by
making
a new inverted cone secondary, with 13 1/2 turns!  my cap is really small,
so i
think im at my maximum.  new pictures are available on my website
http://members.aol-dot-com/cabbotttt ...
I still have the problem with the toroid, so i am skipping it altogether.
i just
dont think there is enuf juice in that poor salt water cap to handle a toroid.
besides, it's looking pretty cool for a 60 mA setup..... hehehe.... i think im
gonna go ahead and wind my 84" secondary in a few weeks..  (yess!!)
PRECAUTIONS:
yes, i'll be careful with my 15 kva piglet.

cabbott

--
Cabbott Sanders
Salem Oregon