[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: win tesla vs. JHCTES

  Cabbott -

  As Bert Hickman pointed out your TC may be out of tune. Did you measure
.007 uf for the primary cap. What did you measure for the primary and
secondary inductances? These parameters must be coordinated or the coil
will not work as it should. The next most common problem is that the
primary capacitor has too much leakage. You may want to try other capacitors.

 I like to work only with controlled sparks or horizontal continuous sparks
to a ground point because they are easier to analyze. The program indicates
you should get about 24 inch controlled sparks using neons at 900 watts.
John Freau gets much longer random single sparks (60 inches?) with a 15 Kv,
60 ma neon but he says he has upgraded his neon.

  John Couture