[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: MOT pig limiters

At 06:25 AM 9/13/1998 -0600, you wrote:
>Original Poster: bhelms-at-dialpoint-dot-net (Brian Helms)
>
>I have  two 1.5 KVA transformer -at- 8kv and I tried using a MOT to limit
>current but limited current too much.  I used one for each transformer.  Is
>there any certain type of MOT that is needed?  There are many types out
>there.

	I imagine, (although I'm not positive) that if you connected two MOT's in
parallel, effectively doubling the power handling capacity, that it would
limit the pig less.  For example, 1 3kva MOT would limit the pig to 3 kva,
and two MOTS in parallel would limit it to six.  Any number of MOTs could
be arranged in series/parallel arrangements to get different values.  A
very rough sort of variac, I suppose.
		-MIke