[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Chokes

>to: Sam
>
>If you fire your EMP generator again as described all the line filters
in
>heaven won't help.  The EMP pulse is being radiated from the wires
>connected from the cap to the spark gap (now known as antennas).  If
you
>are referring to a Tesla coil, yes -- line filters help a lot.  Use two
i=
>series with varisters between them and also another set of varisters
faci=
>ng
>the xmfr pri side.  Also use a pair of "hash" chokes (12 AWG on a
ferrite
>core) in each line lead.  This will surpress most all trying to enter
the
>power line.
>
>DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net

 Can you (or some other kind soul) give me some more info on chokes? I
need to make some good ones for my Tesla Coil (the one with the 8inch
secondary).
 I have some insulated radio ferrite cores (1cm diameter, 14cm long) and
60 meters of 22AWG (0.60mm) wire. Is that enough? Would I need a
different wire? What is the most efficient design?

 Thanks!

 Sam.