[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Yet another safety note...

The other day at the Seattle weird science meeting, we were using a 15/60
NST and a 65kv .024uf cap to cook carrots and power an overunity device
(which blew up!). In the circuit we had, the cap was connected across the
NST, so that it would short out when the power was off. But it did not go
as planned, the cap did not totally discharge when it was shut off. Of
course I reached down to change the carrot, and grabbed the leads with both
hands. It felt like running into a brick wall, and gave me one hell of a
headache for the next few hours. I hate to think what would have happened
if the cap was fully charged! Anyway, please folks, be careful. Always
assume a cap is charged unless it is shorted out. Don't be as careless as me!

Stefan Bishay - KC7SJC
Seattle, WA
ICQ 2141646