[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

The Poulsen arc guy from NJ wants to talk about it

Coilers,
 David Quinlan (poulsen-at-hicom-dot-net) would love to talk to anyone
interested in the Poulsen arc oscillator.  He would like any interested
individuals to contact him.

David provided me the pics which are available on my site.

If possible I'd like to be kept in the loop if any interesting Poulsen
e-mail threads are started.  I suspect that Poulsen arc technology does
not fall into the bounds of acceptable tesla-at-pupman list topics...??
Otherwise I'd suggest that we post that stuff here.  Terry - any
comments?

<<<< If this oscillator can possibly be used for Tesla coils in some way
then it is fine (i.e. a CW coil driver).  If not, it would be off-topic.
It sounds like it is too early to know for sure.  For now I'll let this
topic through unless it becomes obvious that it is not useful for Tesla
coil work. - Terry >>>>

 Here is a note which David sent to me to be fwd'd to this list:
-Bill

(The following is David's note)

Hello Bill Arcstarter and and anyone else who gets this. The Summer
issue of "Communications Quarterly" has an extensive article on "The
arc method of producing CW =Continuous Waves= VLF Radio
Frequencies.  The author is William J. Byron of Sedona Arizona. He
helped me greatly when I was trying to get a poulsen arc working
about 5 years ago. He also sent me components and gernerally kept
me at it. For my part I sent him photos and dug up pix and data from
various technical libraries, especially from the New Jersey institute of
Technology library. What I want to know is: Does anyone besides me
have an operating poulsen arc? If so please send me an email.
-David