[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: coupling

Bob,
When I first setup my coil, I had the secondary in line
with the primary (flat style). I had a problem with
racing sparks down the secondary. I elevated the
secondary a little over an inch and the racing sparks
down the secondary stopped. Raizing the secondary
loosened or reduced the coupling (opposite of your
thoughts posted). I was able to achieve the maximum
amount of coupling (without racing sparks down the
secondary) by using this technique. It is possible that
you might be able to tighten your coupling a bit if your
are not having racing sparks down the secondary or
primary to secondary arc-overs. If you do tighten up the
distance between the two windings, raising the secondary
in small increments (1/4") can get you to the "best
coupling" distance (my opinion).
Bart