[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Saftey -Transformer type not the issue

Hi Maniacs! ;)

I dont think the issue of NST vs PIG vs MOT danger is really the issue
in TC or TM(magnifier) systems. Only how much energy the cap can store in
its full capacity, and how fast it can discharge that energy can give any
real
guidelines to saftey. As I said in a previous post and would like to say
again
"a very small cap or multiplier network can charge a very big cap!".
I can't imagine physical damage from a pig or a NST shock would be so
different
if it was a momentary shock. Seeining as the cap is connected to the
outputs of
the tranny, you could get a pretty nasty pulse of high current juice  from
even
moderate systems.

Thats one reason why some ppl store big HV caps with a shorting lead bolted
across the bushes. I wonder whats the biggest cap you could charge from a
TV fllyback transformer??