[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Austin Texas, Student Tesla Coilers

Hi,
	I have dune some research and have found that if I can get 3 people besides
me we could start a tesla coil student organization.  Being a student
organization we would have access to almost all the shops.  That would mean we
could get free gas (argon, N, etc.), accesses to welding equipment, glass
blowing, grinding, drilling, etc.  Once started we could get other physics/EE
majors to join.

	Another benefit of an organization is that we can apply for donations and
raise money.  This would allow us to build and test larger and higher quality
tesla coils faster then normal since it would be the combined work of many.
Also if the organization became large enough we could get a shop to ourselves
and have a place to conduct the experiments that's not in someone's
house/yard.  Who knows.  if are organization became large enough maybe we
could get funded to build/reaserch something.  (example spark gap)

	I am posting this to the list so that maybe we could start the organization
with some people that already know something and have experience.  This way I
wont have to teach everything in the beginning :)  I also thought that just
maybe since it is the biggest college in the US that some people on this list
are students.

	If you want to be apart of it email me at ESchulz531-at-aol-dot-com
If nobody contacts me and I get the organization started just from college
students that I know.  I will post findings of the organization as they are
made. :)  That's if I can get some people together.

Erik Schulz
P.S. I don't know the rules if your a professor though....