[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Tesla Coil toroid Size

<snip>
Richard,
This is no doubt the first time I've seen an actual
plausible reason for the longer arcs! In order to
"cause" the ion lifetimes to exist longer than the
interval between pulses, wouldn't it be "prudent" to run
a RSG with DC to vary and find the "critical value"? I'm
using a sync rsg. The only way to increase/decrease bps
is to add/remove electrodes either stationary or
rotating. DC does seem to be an advantage for longest
arc possibilities due to the adjustment factor. I know
this is far off John C.'s intention for this post, but I
just had to ask.
Bart