[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: 40 Amp variac ballast

to: Dwight

Yes, you do need to make it into a "gapped core non-saturable reactor" by
cutting the slot.  140 to 150 turns of #10 AWG will give you the current
control around 25-35 amperes.  You need the #10 because the instataneous
peaks are usually around 50% higher than the average current and #12 or 14
will get very hot.

DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net