[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Sparklength inquiry

Hi All,
I'm in search of an equation for sparklength. To be
clear, I am looking for an equation which accounts for
bps. All methods I've seen posted leave out the fact
that higher break rates increase sparklength (or kills
the tank cap). Although Vs does not change with a change
in bps, the streamer lengths do. Isn't this important to
any sparklength equation? I know adding bps will not hit
dead on, but hopefully a bit closer than 20 or 30kv/inch
or the emperical calculations (how does emperical data
take into account bps for my coil or the next guys?). I
know there may be nothing available, but you never know
unless you ask.

Bart