[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Tesla Coil toroid Size

Tesla List wrote:

> Original Poster: Barton B. Anderson" <mopar-at-uswest-dot-net>
> <snip>
> Richard,
> This is no doubt the first time I've seen an actual
> plausible reason for the longer arcs! In order to
> "cause" the ion lifetimes to exist longer than the
> interval between pulses, wouldn't it be "prudent" to run
> a RSG with DC to vary and find the "critical value"? I'm
> using a sync rsg. The only way to increase/decrease bps
> is to add/remove electrodes either stationary or
> rotating. DC does seem to be an advantage for longest
> arc possibilities due to the adjustment factor. I know
> this is far off John C.'s intention for this post, but I
> just had to ask.
> Bart

Bart,

I answered this a little early on an older post.  I believe it was in
response to
Gregs comments about spark BPS variability. I only check this mail every
3-4 days.

Yes!  The sync gap sort of leaves one hanging and only a fully variable
rate gap
will let you hunt for those sweet spots in the coil operation.

Richard Hull, TCBOR