[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Electric chair?

On Tue, 15 Sep 1998 07:15:03 -0600 Tesla Technology Australia Pty Ltd
><tesla-at-draal.apex-dot-net.au> wrote:

>>>Please, be careful, you're dealing with the same amount of power
>>>that drives *the* electric chair and will have the same effect!

>> I must disagree.  I'm told that the electric chair only uses 2300
>> volts. Our equipment is much more dangerous than that! :)

>That's true, but it uses between 10 and 20 KVA - note I said "power",
>not volts.

(Terry, I hope you let me slip this one through as it is on topic to
Tesla coils)

Gentlemen, you are both forgetting that one of Dr. Tesla's demos with
Tesla coils was to show how "safe" AC was as compared to DC, He knew (as
all of us should) that it is NEITHER the voltage nor the power that kills
BUT it is the current or amperage! That is why Dr. Tesla was able to pass
close to 1 million volts through his body with no ill effects and he was
also able to pass kilowatts of power through his body in the form of very
high voltage but almost no current. It takes only 0.1 amps applied arm to
arm to kill! BTW the last I heard the electric chairs supply 400 amps to
their victims!

                               Alfred A. Skrocki
                          Alfred.Skrocki.Sr-at-JUNO-dot-com
                 Visit my Do-It-Yourself Aquarium WEB page at:
                  http://WWW.GeoCities-dot-com/CapeCanaveral/6251

Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno-dot-com
Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]