[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TC tuning tools

Hi Dave, Marco, All,

	The secondary of a tesla coil is excited by the ring down of the primary
circuit.  If you look at the frequency spectrum of this event, it is not at
a single frequency but a range of frequencies.  Thus, if you tune the coil
inside this range, the secondary will be excited.  There is a "perfect"
point but it is not quite at the secondary's fundamental frequency.  Also,
as sparks break out the tuning point shifts somewhat.  So it is best to try
different points until you find the one that works best.  It is not a super
precise point.

	Terry