[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Finding the illusive NST

<<     Can anyone help me locate an NST, or perhaps have a used one they
would be willing to part with at a reasonable price?>>

Chris,

I have always had good luck looking under "signs" in the yellow pages.
Usually several list neon in their ads.  If not, call a couple and ask who
does neon.  Then go there.  Don't phone.  Take along your plans or something
about your coil.  I have found that they frequently get interested and will
either give you a use transformer or sell you a used one very cheap.  Offer to
bring the coil by when you get it done and they will be delighted, which is
great when you burn out your NST and need another.  I use my coil for school
and museum shows and telling them that also helps.

Robert Krampf
Science Education Company
http://members.aol-dot-com/krampf/home.html
Get my Free Experiment of the Week by sending an e-mail to krampf-at-aol-dot-com