[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: Extended Stacking MOTs

A pic is worth a Kword, please see http://www.altair-dot-org/tesla.htm#motstack
If you can safely stack 4 MOTs, this method will make an 8 MOT stack with
the same insulation safety factor, but you must use at least 12 MOTs, or
more depending if you want full current as well.

BTW, alternatively you can daisy chain filament windings and extend your
voltage arbitrarily high, but the filament windings are not magnetically
limited.  This is similar to the old high energy physicists trick.

Will