[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Auto Tuning A TC

On Thu, 24 Sep 1998 17:00:05 -0600 Steven Ivy
<adder_black_the-at-yahoo-dot-com> wrote:

>In the best of all worlds a TC ought to just come up tuned perfectly
>the first time. Well I think such a dandy situation is quite possible.
>I think that at least one variable and indeed the tuning of all
>adjustable parameters on a TC could be made automatic by the use of
>closed loop servo control systems...

He continues with:

>I figured that this sort of system would be pretty common place but I
>haven't read of anyone using this approach for a TC and I was just
>curious why not.

Well Steve, I would say the most probable reason you don't see such an
automated system is because it is basically a waste of time and
materials!
Once the variables on a given coil have been optimized, there is really
no
reason to change them so they are permanently left at the "best"
settings.
Adding all the feedback equipment to make a totally self adjusting coil
would only increase the count of parts to break down, and it would
substantially increase the cost of the coil.

                               Alfred A. Skrocki
                          Alfred.Skrocki.Sr-at-JUNO-dot-com
                 Visit my Do-It-Yourself Aquarium WEB page at:
                  http://WWW.GeoCities-dot-com/CapeCanaveral/6251

Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno-dot-com
Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]