[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: DC Supply

> Original Poster: Jim Lux <jimlux-at-jpl.nasa.gov>

> But what if the primaries were fed in Delta?  120/208Y is quite common
> in light industrial/office areas, because you get the 120V to run
> everything. However, in heavier industrial, you see more 240 delta, with
> no neutral. Sometimes they ground the centertap of one of the feeder
> transformers, so that two of the legs are 120V relative to ground.
>
> Then, you could connect the secondaries of the NST's in delta, with no
> problem, but I am not sure about the centertap (having been too busy to
> calculate it or try it)

It doesn't matter whether the primaries are connected in
delta or wye;  Six phases will still result from the three
center-tapped NST secondaries, and therefore _none_ of the
HT terminals can be connected directly together.

I chose a wye connection for the primaries in the example,
just because 120V primaries are more common than 208V ones.
--

-GL
www.lod-dot-org