[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

6" coil spark length

I set up my 6" coil for a demonstration for some friends Saturday night.  I
achieved a new record spark length to a grounded target of 104".  This was
with about 34 amps of primary current - just under 7.5kva.  I was using the
two toroid set up as I have described previously.  This coil really likes high
bps.  I slowly increased the rotary gap speed and realized better and better
performance.  This is the best performance I have ever achieved.  I had nice,
smooth control and the coil really put on a good display.  I did shoot some
more pictures, will let you know how they turned out.

What is the maximum spark length others have achieved with a 6" coil?

Having fun in Spokane.  Ed Sonderman