Jim,
     uhmw pe is fairly  inexpensive...
approx relative costs in $/cubic inch
ldpe/hdpe---.08
uhmw-------.10 to .24
Teflon -------.83 to 1.00
ultem --------1.20 to 1.60
polyimide----28.00 to 40.00!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it has stiffness properties similar to hdpe. as for a source near if I can
get your zip code I will find one for you. I have a hodgepodge of widths
and thickness in my "garage inventory" that I would gladly share .
I just need a idea of dimensions you would like and see what I have.
Robert

>>> <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com> 09/26/98 07:35pm >>>
Original Poster: Dsurfr-at-aol-dot-com

Robert: I'm very interested in this poly. How expensive is it & are there
any
distributors or does your company sell direct? I'm sure you'll get a lot of
similar replies from the list so thanks for the posting & any further help.
Jim