[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Self-built power transformer

I'm currently building a power transformer for my coil, and I'd like to
get some reactions on it. It's wound on a 15" long, 1" diameter
commercial iron core with 1600 turns of 32 AWG magnet wire for the
secondary, and 5 windings, 8 turns each, of 24 AWG (they're on top of
each other) for the primary. I'll probably wind a second primary so I
can run it on 240V as well as 120V. The whole thing will be immersed in
motor oil. Please reply with your opinion--I want to be sure it won't
fry on me when I power it up.

--
           --Doug Brunner
                <dabrunner-at-earthlink-dot-net>