[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: QUESTION?? (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 1998 09:52:59 -0500
From: rbeldyk-at-wscc.edu
To: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: Re: QUESTION?? (fwd)

At 08:20 PM 1/13/98 -0700, you wrote:

> [...]
Most of them are polyethylene. However, polypropylene is also used.  To
identify burn a small sample.

Polypropylyene - Blue flame, yerllow top, transparent hot areas, burns
slowly, traces of white smoke, melts, swells,
		   smells like heavy sweet paraffin or burning asphalt.

Polyethylene - Blue flame, yellow top, dripping may burn, transparent hot
areas, burns rapidly, smells like 		    		  paraffin.

Get same plastic containers with the recycling codes on ( triangle made up
of arrows with a number inside the triangle), cut them up and burn them to
compare to your sample.
Polypropylene code number 5 or PP
Polyethylene code number 4 or LDPE ( low density polyethylene)

I hope that this helps.

                                \\\|///
                              \\  ~ ~  //
                               ( \-at- -at-/ )