[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Kraft paper (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 1998 21:17:12 EST
From: LINEMAN23K <LINEMAN23K-at-aol-dot-com>
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: Re: Kraft paper (fwd)

<< I keep seeing mention of "Kraft" paper in capacitor discussions.  What is
 this and where can I get some to try?

 -Adam
  absmith-at-tiac-dot-net

I bought mine at Office Max.  It comes in 30" rolls and is a brown color like
grocery bags.  I used it between each layer of poly and between poly and alum.
Also, I used a paint brush to apply the transformer oil to soak the Kraft
paper, then the air was worked out.  One thing to consider, (I think due to
the Kraft paper) the final value of the cap was somewhat less than the
predicted value.

Rusty Duncan