[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Tesla Ground (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 1998 21:24:24 EST
From: Mark S Graalman <wb8jkr-at-juno-dot-com>
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: Re: Tesla Ground (fwd)

  Its hard to say if that ground is good enough or
not, we don't know if you have good ground conductivity
or if its poor. I would say if your dirt is average
at the power level you're running it should be okay.
 You might want to consider adding more ground rods
as time goes on, spacing them apart a distance equal
to about 1 to 1.5 times the length of the rod, also
watering the ground helps. Don't EVER tie the
bottom of the secondary to your primary unless that
point is RF ground, I run a grounded primary on my
system, but with a neon system both ends of the primary
float above ground, so the base of the secondary is tied
to ground all by itself and not to the primary coil at all.
 Hooking the bottom of the secondary to a primary
coil that floats above ground would be certain death to
the neon transformer.

Mark Graalman