[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Cable question

From: 	Alfred A. Skrocki[SMTP:alfred.skrocki-at-cybernetworking-dot-com]
Sent: 	Friday, January 02, 1998 5:49 AM
To: 	Tesla List
Subject: 	Re: Cable question

On Thursday, January 01, 1998 10:09 PM Adam
[SMTP:absmith-at-tiac-dot-net] wrote;

> >Just wondering what kind of cable should I use to connect a NST to the
> >protection network, i.e. the chokes, bypass caps & SG?  I have a few metres
> >of neon cable.  I'm guessing this is quite suitable for this purpose.
>
> Yes, this is the ideal wire.  For those looking for HV insulated wire
> (15kV -40kV), you can:
>
>      1.  Order it by the foot from a surplus house
>      2.  Buy some from a neon supply shop.
>      3.  Get some from junked TV sets or a TV repair place
>      4.  Get spark plug wire, from an auto parts store.
>
> They'll all work fine.

I would be a bit concerned on the last entry since regular automotive spark
plug wire has a built in resistance. I would only use copper core spark
plug wire, why add unnecessary resistive losses.

                                        Sincerely

                                         \\\|///
                                       \\  ~ ~  //
                                        (  -at- -at-  )
                                    Alfred A. Skrocki
                                Alfred.Skrocki.Sr-at-JUNO-dot-com
                            alfred.skrocki-at-cybernetworking-dot-com
                       Visit my Do-It-Yourself Aquarium WEB page at;
                        http://www.geocities-dot-com/CapeCanaveral/4606
                                      .ooo0   0ooo.
                                        \_)   (_/