[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Adj. Pri. Cap

----------
From:  Edward V. Phillips [SMTP:ed-at-alumni.caltech.edu]
Sent:  Thursday, January 22, 1998 12:06 PM
To:  tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject:  Re:  Adj. Pri. Cap

"To:  Tesla
Subject:  Adj. Pri. Cap

I'm thinking of building an adjustable primary cap(plate type) so that I
can use it to tune the main circuit instead of the primary coil.

Can anyone tell me why this wouldn't be a good idea(besides the extra work
involved).

Thanks

Rene Caldera"

Rene:
	You put your finger on the problem.  Lots and lots and lots
of extra work.  It would probably be easier to build fixed capacitors
in binary ratio of capacitance (1,2,4,8,etc) and use jumpers to vary
a parallel combination.  If you do go on with the project, we'll
all be interested in the resuls.
results.
Ed