[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Voltage/Length (fwd)

----------
From:  John H. Couture [SMTP:couturejh-at-worldnet.att-dot-net]
Sent:  Saturday, January 24, 1998 11:34 AM
To:  Tesla List
Subject:  Re: Voltage/Length (fwd)

  Bill, All -

  The Tuve et al 5 million volt TC "pick up ball" method for measuring the
secondary voltage is unique in that it offers infinite impedance. This meant
no loading on the secondary circuit. Because the sec wiring was so small any

  Borrowing on this idea I made some tests on some of my coils a few years
ago. The setup is shown in the Tesla Coil Construction Guide. As there is no
system requires calibration which I never got around to do. I used the test
only as a comparison of coil output when I made changes to the coil.

  John Couture