[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

magnify power (was Voltage/Length)

----------
From:  D.C. Cox [SMTP:DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net]
Sent:  Sunday, January 25, 1998 2:09 AM
To:  Tesla List
Subject:  Re: magnify power (was Voltage/Length)

to: Jim

It helps to think of power as torque.  You can use a longer lever and
increase torque over a short distance, however, the total energy in the
system remains the same minus the frictional (in electrical cases
resistive) losses.  Power can be increased by storing energy over a long
period of time and then discharging it in a shorter period of time,
however, energy does not increase in the coupled system whether it is
mechanical or electrical in nature.

DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net