[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Measuring secondary voltage (fwd)

----------
From:  Malcolm Watts [SMTP:MALCOLM-at-directorate.wnp.ac.nz]
Sent:  Sunday, January 25, 1998 4:12 PM
To:  Tesla List
Subject:  Re: Measuring secondary voltage (fwd)

Mr Cox, All,
              That is a most useful piece of information:

<snip>

> with 9 ft spark discharges between two 1/2 inch dia rods.  System was
> running with a 34 x 8 1/2 inch dia torus.  The static firing produced spark
> discharges only 34 inches long between the torus and a 24 inch dia ground
> oblate.
>
> Hope this information is of assistance.
>
> DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net

Indeed. Now it would be most interesting to know if there is any
frequency dependence in that figure. 3'/MV is close to a figure I've
been using for some time to calculate a minimum secondary height for
a given maximum Vout I wish to run.

Thank you,
Malcolm

<snip>