[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Thanks for the help! (and MORE)

----------
From:  baumann-at-proton.llumc.edu [SMTP:baumann-at-proton.llumc.edu]
Sent:  Tuesday, January 27, 1998 9:42 AM
To:  tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject:  Re: Thanks for the help! (and MORE)

On 27 Jan, Tesla List wrote:

> I'm glad to hear of your new results.  BTW, I think I was using between
> 3/8" to 1/2" safety gaps on each side in my coil.
*Zounds!*

> I have both acheived good outputs from neon systems using sync gaps,
> without any tranny failures, but only time will tell how effectively the sync
> gaps "protect" the trannies.  Perhaps if more folks start using sync gaps
> on their neon systems, a long term consensus (on tranny longevity)
> will emerge.
> An  interesting experiment would be to install a toroid that is 4 or 5" thick,
> but maybe 25" in overall dia, and see what happens.

Funny you should mention that.. I am in the process of seeking out
the directions to modify a motor to sync operation for just that reason.
[More power for less..] I figure if I smoke the tranny now, well, it
gave me a good result, and I can't really learn too much more from it.

I have also considerd the 4" approach, but instead may try to
manufacture a very smooth 'hump' to provide directional control over the
arc, while still allowing hefty buildup to occur.

Onward and Upward....

--
--
Michael Baumann  Optivus Technology Inc.|Loma Linda University Medical Center