[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Reflected Power

----------
From:  Alan Sharp [SMTP:100624.504-at-compuserve-dot-com]
Sent:  Wednesday, January 28, 1998 4:04 AM
To:  INTERNET:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject:  Reflected Power

>Message text written by INTERNET:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
>  Another question I would like to ask is when you increase the turns
>ratio to increase voltage will this cause a coresponding increase in
>current draw? My reasoning says it should but I would like to get some
>feedback from someone with experiance.<

Yes - it seems to go as you would expect, provided there is a
spark.
But the biggest current draw is when there is no spark because of
a too large top load.

An interupter - a second 555 switching at 50 - 100Hz with a variable
mark space ratio used to switch the output on/off will let you use
high peak currents without melting down your power supply.

Have fun,

Alan