[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

CAPACITOR??

----------
From:  Zuma [SMTP:mwise-at-ns.sosis-dot-com]
Sent:  Wednesday, January 28, 1998 8:26 PM
To:  tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject:  CAPACITOR??

How well will a mineral oil capacitor hold up with .25 inch spacing
between plates? Also, how lossy is mineral oil? I figure that at
200v/mil it should have a rating of around 50kv. I have figured it and
I can make one of these for no more than i would say 40 dollars.
Would this even be worth it.

I would make a poly plate cap, but the size of the plates are not very
big(5"x7" precut flashing) using  6mil poly with a total of about 48mil
between plates x2 equals a lot of time and lots of cutting.

Thanks
Chris