[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: Finding High power Variacs

From: 	Adam[SMTP:absmith-at-tiac-dot-net]
Sent: 	Saturday, January 03, 1998 11:50 AM
To: 	Tesla List
Subject: 	Re: Finding High power Variacs

>>I've got a 16Kw pole pig, and I'm looking for a variac to control it at
>>power (64A, 240V) anyone got any ideas where I could get one? (In the UK).

Anybody who does not have the opportunity to go to a hamfest and is
looking for a moderate sized variac (1 - 3kVA+), should keep a close eye
on the related usenet groups:

rec.radio.swap
rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
rec.radio.boatanchors
rec.audio.marketplace
rec.audio.pro
rec.audio.tubes
rec.antiques.radio+phono

All of these groups have had variacs advertised for sale in the last two
months.  They will be an order of magnitude cheaper than buying from a
surplus catalog.  rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors is where I found my 18amp
GR variac for 35 dollars, just before Christmas.

Good Luck!

-Adam

Adam Smith
absmith-at-tiac-dot-net