[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: toroid shaped coil capacitance

From: 	Gomez[SMTP:gomez-at-netherworld-dot-com]
Reply To: 	gomez-at-netherworld-dot-com
Sent: 	Saturday, January 03, 1998 4:10 PM
To: 	Tesla List
Subject: 	Re: toroid shaped coil capacitance

D.C. Cox wrote:

> Do your reference books contain any equations for the "suface area" of
> both
> a sphere and torus?  I'm working on an article for the TCBA and have the
> equations for capacitance but not surface area.  Thanks in advance.

>From the "Pocket Ref", 2nd ed, Sequoia Publishing, pg. 323:

surface of a "circular ring":
4(¼!2)*R*r
where r = cross section radius
and     R = ring radius

surface area of a sphere:
4¼(r!2)

This handy little book is $10, and worth its weight in gold!  Most hardware
stores out here carry it.

-Gomez

--
Gomez: card-carrying mad scientist, extreme fetishist, fiction dabbler,
pyrophiliac, technomage, goth, SF fan, lighting designer, dominant