[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Tesla Research Institute, anyone? (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 1998 11:37:02 -0400 (EDT)
From: Paul Anderson <madhobby-at-geeky1.ebtech-dot-net>
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: Tesla Research Institute, anyone?

Anyone ever thought about starting an organization for researching Tesla
coils?  I remember their where rumblings a little while back about
starting a Tesla coil documentation project(which I was involved in),
but it kind of fizzled.  I know of the ITS, but they aren't really aimed
at researching Tesla coils, they're more of a historical society from what
I can tell.  I think the major benefit of having an organized effort to
research tesla coils, would be the ability to collectively setup a PC
cluster, basically creating a low-budget supercomputer that members of the
TRI could submit jobs to over the net and receive the results back once
computation was done.  I readily admit I know little about the workings of
a tesla coil, but I _DO_ know what's involved to setup a cluster for
supercomputing applications.  Any thoughts?  TIA,  TTYL!

---
Paul Anderson
madhobby-at-geeky1.ebtech-dot-net
"BETTER LIVING THROUGH RECKLESS EXPERIMENTATION" - Motto of The Mad Scientist
"Less talk, more synthahol." - Worf

FREE mailing lists setup, for more info e-mail newlist-at-geeky1.ebtech-dot-net