[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Plans for layered cap

Tesla List wrote:

> Original Poster: Chris Tominkson <internetinbox-at-yahoo-dot-com>
>
> I read somewhere why you DON'T need a vacuum, try
> here:
>
> www.freehomepages-dot-com/user/archive/capinfo.txt
>
> ANd
>
> www.freehomepages-dot-com/user/archive/mikecap.txt
>
> Chris.

Ummm....
The Richard Quick document is actually the source I used for my post.
It explicitly states that horizontal plate caps require a vacuum, and
verticals don't.

I think the Mike Hammer document refers to a cap with vertical plates,
since it mentions would spacers and/or foam to hold the plates in their
positions.

Were your ASCII images drawn from above for from the side.
If they're from above, you shouldn't need a vacuum.
>From the side, well, I'd advise you to be careful.

Trying to clear up some confusion,
Adam