[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: xfrmr

   I once successfully used 6 microwave transformers in series for a total of
12+ kVac. The trick is to connect the transformers so that the potential at the
core/secondary junction is minimized. This reduces flash over tendency. I also
helped things a bit by using hot glue for insulation at key areas.
   In addition, I popped out the current limiting shunts of all 6 xfmrs and
needless to say, the bank produced gobs of angry power.
Dave H.