[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TANK CIRCIUT AND PRIMARY CONDUCTOR CHOICES

Mike,

Your choice of conductors for the power you are using is probably an
overkill, especially the secondary.  #16 wire at 28 inches winding length
is a little over 500 turns, which is on the low side.  You should choose a
smaller guage wire such that your total secondary turns are in the 850 to
1000 turn range.

Primary is a bit of an overkill also, but not worth changing, in my
opinion.

I would suggest trying a larger top load (or adding another one to your
existing one) retuning (more primary turns), and see if you can get longer
sparks.

--Steve Young