[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Ceramin Caps

Chris,

I looked into these caps also, but they just aren't cost effective for a
primary cap.  100 of them in an array of 25 parallel strings of 4 in series
is only .00625 uf at 40 KV.  And the ceramic dielectric dissipates more
power (gets HOT) than you want.  Look for surplus "snubber" caps in the 1
to 3 KV range which are designed to handle pulses.

--Steve