[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Idea for monitoring MMC operation

Alex,

Great idea in principal.  But I believe the neon bulbs in some cases may
still light up even when across shorted caps!  Why?  Because there are very
strong RF fields around a cap array which can directly excite the neon gas.
 Same principle which lights up florescent lamps in the vicinity of TCs.
But nothing beats actually trying it to see - let us know if you do it and
have any luck.

--Steve