[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: new cap (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 1999 10:07:47 -0700
From: "Basura, Brian" <brian.basura-at-unistudios-dot-com>
To: 'Tesla List' <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: RE: new cap (fwd)

I fixed two cracks utilizing the following process:

Pull a slight vacuum (just enough to stop the leaking
Clean the area AROUND the crack with alcohol (don't get any sucked into the
cap)
Pull a bit more vacuum
Cover crack and some surrounding area with "Ultra Blue" (found at most
automotive stores)
Let it SIT for a couple days with a vacuum on it until fully curries

We used "Ultra Blue" on race cars for years. It's amazing the leaks you can
stop (from the outside when necessary).

Hope this helps.
Brian D. Basura