[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: How does a rotary spark gap quench

Original Poster: Brent Caldwell  <StretchMonster-at-juno-dot-com>

John Freau,

	A few days ago you wrote me a letter saying that spark gaps do not
normally quench by the electrodes moving apart.  How DO they quench?  I
merely heard it explained to me that way by several other people.
However, I would love to have an alternate theory to investigate and
debate with people.  Please let me (and everyone else on the list) know
how a rotary spark gap achieves better quenching than a static spark gap.

						Brent Caldwell
						"Stretch Monster"
Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno-dot-com/getjuno.html
or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]