[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Just wonderin' (fwd)

I too would be very cautious of HV gloves.  The power company tests such
things often with special equipment to insure they have not been punctured.
 Also a small arc could burn or blow a hole and them and get to you.  The
people at the power company have a lot of training and experience that also
help them to do the dangerous work they do.  Almost always they are also on
a thick non conductive mat or in the safety of their isolated "cherry
picker" basket when working on live power.  They take risks because they
often have to.

	Personally, given the choice between gloves and the off switch.  The
gloves would not be consideration...

	Terry