[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Questions about oscillating frequency

Original Poster: Brent Caldwell  < StretchMonster -at- juno-dot-com>

A question for all:

	Among the copius literature I have read about tesla coils, I have read
that the secondary coil is supposed to oscillate at 4 times the frequency
of the primary.  I have also seen that the secondary is supposed to
oscillate at 1/4 the frequency of the primary.  Furthermore, I have heard
many people say they have disproven  both theories mentioned above.

My questions are the following:

1.)  At what relative frequency does the secondary oscillate?

2.)  If they do oscillate at the same fequency, then why is it not good
to have a tight       magnetic coupling between the primary and secondary
coils?

Anyone with any information regarding either of these is welcome to
resopond.  I am also particularly interested in actual measurements taken
of the oscillating frequencies regarding the above questions.

							BzzzzzzzzzzzzZap
							Brent Caldwell
Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno-dot-com/getjuno.html
or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]