[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Air plate cap

Chris

You don't need to bend the plates away from each other - just use solid
dielectric edge spacers that extend, say 2 inches inside and outside the
edges of the plates with the air gap in the centre. Alternatively use
two sheets of metal for each plate, spaced by a few mm, with rounded
edges carefully welded on and sanded to glass-smoothness.

However, as I'm sure someone has already said on this list, this could
get *enourmously* expensive and will be completely untransportable! If
I had a reasonable amount of money to spend I'd go *straight* for a few
nice new Maxwells. They will even custom build units for you if you
like...... If only!!

Alex