[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Cap Safety Question

At 01:14 AM 4/26/99 -0400, you wrote:

>Tesla List wrote:
snip........

>A lot of the documents that I've seen have the spark gap across the
>transformer.  They
>say it's better for NST preservation.  Your saying the opposite, which seems
>to be the
>classical design.  I'm just curious, what do you have to say about this?

It is best to have the main gap wired across the transformer.  I didn't
mean to imply otherwise.  If you look at the circuits the cap is always
wired across the transformer either way (otherwise, it would never charge).
 It is just the spark gap that may change positions.

>Also, what effect does the resistor string have on normal Tesla Coil
>operation?  Or is
>it negligible?

It drains 6 watts from the system at full power.  I would say that is
negligable.

>Thanks a lot, that was one of the best answers I've ever gotten!
>Adam

Happy to be of help.

	Terry