[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Neon earthing

Hi All,
    Having just destroyed my beloved Neon of 2 years use with my new rotary
I've been seeking a new Neon.  Today I bought a 5KV-0-5KV 120ma Neon for £40
($60).  However when I got it home I find although the plate on the outside
said it was 10Kv it actually only had one 5KV tap and ground the other being
plugged up.  I could get another one or might be able to get a correctly
plated one.  However the earth terminal to the high volt side is permanent
and unlike my previous one cannot be disconnected.  I always ran my previous
Neon un-earthed.  The question is can I use a centre tapped Neon which is
grounded?

regards

Viv Watts UK