[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Caps

Hi Scott,

	I use 10 TDK HI-Q doorknobs wired in parallel with excellent results.
These are supposed to be real expensive fancy caps that I lucked on for a
super price.  However, the are apparently lower Q versions that have a
habit of dying in Tesla service.  From what I hear, if they cost like 100
bucks "EACH" they are good.  If they cost like 10 bucks each they are
bad...  Some doorknobs are made for easy DC applications while others are
for critical high power RF stuff.  Unless you get lucky like I did, they
are not a reasonable choice given the high cost.  Personally, I would go
for the MMC primary caps that so many (me too) have found to be and
excellent choice at a reasonable cost.

	Terry